Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 15

The Famous Last Words blog post is perfect for the last week of class. For this class, these really will be my last words. It’s also a great blog post for the last week because you can look over all your work and progress in this class as a whole and that’s exactly what I am going to do.

This class hasn’t been the best representation of my academic ability. I have really had a hard time meeting deadlines and turning in work. I think that is the case for multiple reasons. One being, that I never got on a schedule to get ahead of assignments so I was always doing them the day of. Another reason is that I had a very busy semester this year. I was in my capstone that basically got completely rearranged 3 weeks before school. I was also an intern this semester working 16 hours a week. I also was worrying about my near graduation in about 1 week. There were many factors that contributed to my lack of accountability, but in the end it was me not making it a priority.

With that being said, I really did enjoy this class and the creative outlet it serves as. I am a PR major so we write factual pieces that need to be set up in a very regimented way. In this class, it truly is creative writing. We get to create our own stories and choose what we read to base those stories off of. Now that we are done, my favorite story I wrote this semester is George and theApple.  I spent the most time on this story and had the most fun writing it. 


Overall, I have enjoyed this class. It’s weird for me as I write this because I realize it is one of my last assignments in school ever. I graduate in 1 week and am moving on back to Dallas. I have enjoyed my time at OU and the things I have learned here.

My family and me at my high school graduation.
 Now, 4 years later I am graduating college. Photo taken by Arlene McDowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment